Florida Gun Trusts, also known as NFA Trusts, Class 3 Trusts, Title 2 Trusts, or Firearms Revocable Trusts, are a great way to deal with the unique issues of owning, transferring, and possessing gun suppressors, silencers, fully automatic rifles, short barreled rifles and shotguns, or other Title 2 or Class 3 weapons. Listed below are some key benefits of a Gun Trust:
• You may revoke or amend the Gun Trust at any time.
• You may add others to the Gun Trust as authorized users of the firearms.
• You may protect beneficiaries from constructive possession issues or other violations of Federal law.
• Gun Trusts do not require any disclosures or public filings.
• Gun Trusts can provide the Trustee with special powers and instructions on how to deal with unplanned events.
• No Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) sign off required, no photos, and no fingerprints.
• No filing fee or annual fee.
A properly created Gun Trust is a complex document, and you should consult with a licensed attorney who can assist you in explaining and preparing one.